diet coke for breakfast


Monday, April 14, 2003

Posted by Matthew
A Thought Question

Okay, this has been bugging me for a long time. Why is it a problem to say that oil is a big issue for this war? I mean, there must be something deeper to the whole "no blood for oil" slogan, isn't there? Maybe I give protestors too much credit. Anyway I look at the issue, I keep coming to the conclusion that oil is friggin' important. Probably one of the few things acctually worth fighting over. Only water itself is more valuable. I know I know I know.... people don't like to argue about materialistic things... they seem to think there is some "moral" arguement there... but I think its a sad commentary on our society that so few people really understand just how important oil is. I mean I always felt that two of the primary reasons for this war was A) To keep our enemies from controlling the oil supply and B) To make Iraq's oil supply available (even just on the open market its good for capitalism everywhere). The oil must flow.... Hell yes this is a war for oil.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?