diet coke for breakfast


Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Posted by Jake
Moral Stupidity -- Orson Scott Card

Yes, this is in fact the same guy wrote the books Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead. He makes some very interesting comments about equivocation, but my favorite is the line "Tony Blair Democrat":

Because we live in a world where we choose up sides first, and make moral decisions afterward, based almost entirely on what will serve the interest of our team.

It makes me ashamed of the Democratic Party that this seems to be the only moral process available to the party's leadership. I used to call myself a "Moynihan Democrat."

But now that he's dead, I'm reduced to calling myself a "Tony Blair Democrat."


It's long but worth reading. Some of the blogs were quick to draw the association between George Bush and Ender Wiggin, but I think that might be a bit of a stretch. Anyway, he should start writing columns...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?