diet coke for breakfast


Saturday, July 05, 2003

Posted by Matthew
Thought Question of the Day:

What does this say about "art"?

I think its cool that they commissioned this piece, it sounds nifty. But I find this situation remarkably amusing, and in a way, an entirely different reflection on life. Dude saw some thing "broken" and so he fixed it. I just think that's terrific. I think there is a whole artistic movement waiting to happen: "broken stuff to be fixed" and just put it out into the world and see what happens. In a way this reminds me of the artist in LA who about a year ago climbed up onto some poorly executed freeway signage, and replaced them with very official looking and vastly clearer and informative signage. He saw something done poorly, which he then took it upon himself to right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?