diet coke for breakfast


Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Posted by Tanstaafl
CNN.com - Study: Female gamers outnumber boys - Aug. 27, 2003: "Challenging the stereotype that video gaming is the domain of teenage boys, an industry group Tuesday reported that more women over 18 than young boys are playing games and the average age of players has risen to 29. "

How could this be right? I can only think of one girl at school who could have been considered a "gamer". I can think of tons of guys.

Matt -- Its plausible, but I think some more polling needs to be done... I think what they are saying is that the number of girls 18 and older is greater than the number of boys under 18... which seems reasonable since the 18 - 30 demographic is the fast growing among both girls and guys. There were way more girls in my video game character design class than I expected... still outnumbered by the boys of course, but it is growing... hell, the prof was female... Then there is also the "solitaire" factor: Girls play the "desktop time waster games" way more then guys and get very addicted... Even my Mom has to get her FreeCell fix and she just discovered them in the last 6 months.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?