diet coke for breakfast


Monday, August 04, 2003

Posted by Jake
Lieberman Warns U.S. Democrats Against Turn to Left (washingtonpost.com)

I am so torn. On the one hand, Bush will absolutely crush Howard Dean to the tune of Mondale. I am already planning how I am going to work it into dinner conversation when I visit my relatives.

On the other, I want Lieberman to win, because I think the reasonable person should always win -- and frankly he is the only reasonable one stepping out of that clown car.

Is there something to be said for a loyal opposition? As much as I think some of Lieberman's policies are wrong, at least he was willing to put forth a reasonable debate on the subject. At least he isn't saying ridiculous things, like that we should pull out of Iraq the day after elections. A reasonable opposition will make us safer by criticizing our failures and honest by questioning our false statements. This opposition contests our true statements and our successes. That is not loyal opposition.

Democrats, please get your shit together over there. Don't make me come over there and fix it for you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?