diet coke for breakfast


Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Posted by Tanstaafl
CNN.com - Global warming said to kill 160,000 a year - Oct. 1, 2003: "Milder winters, however, might mean that people would live longer on average in Europe or North America despite risks from heatwaves this summer in which about 15,000 people died in France alone. "

I knew it. It was only a matter of time before the deaths in France were blamed squarely on global warming. Here's a question, some summers it gets to 100 degrees where I live, and people aren't dying. Maybe it's the French health-care system, and not global warming that's the culprit. Better yet, maybe it's the French statisticians. If an 85 year old man dies, it's not heat related just because it's hot out.

Brian -- I've got something that I need to post here one of these days. In high school, as James knows, I wrote a paper about global warming. In doing my research, I discovered that if you super-impose an inverted chart of the length of sunspot cycles on a chart of the annual average earthly temperature, they track almost exactly. I'll need to dig up the work, but I'd love to post it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?