diet coke for breakfast


Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Posted by Tanstaafl
Kerry claims New Hampshire primary...


... and hands Dean another drubbing.

39-26 at last count. That might change, but not by a lot since most precincts are reporting.

Dean was still pretty arrogant in his post-election speech... but at least he didn't yell or screech this time (that is... from what I saw... I couldn't stomach the whole thing).

I did make another observation though. I've heard Dean mention speeches that he's given to campaign volunteers several times now. I'd like to offer some free advice. Stop giving speeches to your volunteers; they're already voting for you, and many of them aren't even registered in the state where you're competing. Start giving speeches to undecides. They're the ones who will guarantee victory.

Brian -- They're the ones who will guarantee victory.
Sorry James, but I have to disagree. I think that very little can "guarantee" much more than an also-ran spot for Dean. No, he's not out of it yet, but his chances aren't looking good. Also, I'm surprised we're not hearing more about Edwards. If he pulls of a strong victory in Carolina (as I discuss here) I think he's got a good shot at the nomination still, and if I were Bush, I'd be more scared of Edwards than Kerry. I need to try and find the quote, but I think it was Carville I heard describe Edwards the other day as being "better at working a room than possibly even Clinton."

James-- I realized after I wrote that last night that "guarantee" was too strong. I don't think that Edwards is that much of a threat. As Naomi Wolf put it last night on the new Dennis Miller show, Edwards is TOO hopeful. With the threat of terrorism looming over us ALWAYS, we want someone just a BIT more grizzled. Give him 10-15 years and he'll be a force to reckon with.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?