diet coke for breakfast


Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Posted by Tanstaafl
Big Brother had his eye on Kerry:

John Kerry's combat experience in Vietnam is central to his bid to become the next commander-in-chief, but Kerry's outspoken opposition to that war drew the personal attention of the president of the United States and FBI agents 33 years ago, documents reviewed by CNN reveal.

Oh my God, John Ashcroft and the Patriot Act are at it again.... oh wait, this was over 30 years ago... well I'm sure it's got to be the Bush Administration's fault somehow right?

UPDATE: It just occurred to me that this is a ridiculously lame revelation. The man testified before Congress about his opposition to the war. Of course he drew attention!

The surveillance couldn't have had much of a chilling effect though, because Kerry didn't even realize he was being followed so closely.

Brian -- Yeah, here's the other thing you won't hear: the reason he was under surveillance was that his group considered assasinating some top government advisers related to the war. I can't find where I read it now, but I'm sure it was a reputable source. I'll try to run it down.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?