diet coke for breakfast


Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Posted by Jake
Instapundit Captures the Malaise

Instapundit posts a letter from a reader that I think captures the malaise a lot of Bush supporters feel about the Administration. I was always for the war and for the tax cuts, but lately defending the Administration is becoming more and more difficult, and I am finding more and more things that irritate me about them.

I will always reserve judgement until November, but I think that Administration is deeply in danger of destroying their appeal to the right of center.

UPDATE: Andrew Sullivan is thinking says something similar, although he makes a very good point about Kerry. Money quote: "The war on terror was barely mentioned. This on a day of appalling carnage in Iraq. I fear this man simply doesn't get it. No one should support him for the highest office in the land until he proves he understands our enemy; and demonstrates that he will get up every day in the Oval Office to see how he can take the fight to the Islamists. I don't see that fire right now. In fact, I don't even see a flicker. It's a deal-breaker for me. (Just as attacking civil rights and playing politics with the Constitution is a deal-breaker as far as Bush is concerned.)"

It looks like it is going to be the election of the fewest deal breakers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?