diet coke for breakfast


Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Posted by Tanstaafl
No Flinching From the Facts :

One question is: Are the nation's efforts in the deepening global war -- the world is more menacing than it was a year ago -- helped or hindered by Rumsfeld's continuation as the appointed American most conspicuously identified with the conduct of the war? This is not a simple call. But being experienced, he will know how to make the call. Being honorable, he will so do.

I think this hits the nail on the head. What I wrote last night should hopefully serve to shatter the beliefs that that a need for Rumsfeld's resignation is self-evident. It is not. While it may come to that, I think that case has hardly been made. And again, before I will entertain the idea that he should step down, I want to know who should backfill him. I doubt the advocates of his resignation would like Wolfowitz or Perle. Who then? This post cannot remain vacant.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?