diet coke for breakfast


Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Posted by Tanstaafl
The Pigou Club Manifesto
"We should raise the tax on gasoline. Not quickly, but substantially. I would like to see Congress increase the gas tax by $1 per gallon, phased in gradually by 10 cents per year over the next decade."


While I'm not high-profile enough to be included on the Pigou club list, I would like to consider myself a member in spirit. I think this would work nicely to fund my X-prize recommendation in the really long essay I posted last week, while working toward the same goal of energy independence.

While I am not as alarmist as many about global warming... if that helps sell the idea, then it's fine with me.

Apparently, Professor Mankiw has set up a Facebook Group for this as well. I don't have a .edu address, so I can't join facebook, but I encourage anyone on it to join this group.


1 Comments:

Yes, you can. Facebook is now open to everybody.

By Blogger Irina Tsukerman, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?