diet coke for breakfast


Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Posted by RFTR
OpinionJournal - The Western Front: "What Gen. Clark is left with is an impossible argument: that he somehow found a better way to defeat al Qaeda in the skies over Kosovo, than Mr. Bush has in defeating first the Taliban and then Saddam Hussein."

This whole column is a great read, concluding with the above-quoted idea. For about a week now, I've been talking to my Democratic friends at yale, many of whom jumped very quickly on the Clark bandwagon. I have basically been saying that I don't think Clark can win the Democratic nomination, and that even if he does, he won't be able to beat Bush. I'm not 100% sure of that, and I can't defend it - it's just a gut feeling. This article, though, does a really good job of showing the potential pitfalls.

Taranto has also done a few good things on BOTW, including pointing out Clark's untenable views on gays in the military, the war in Iraq, and the fact that he thinks he voted for Reagan and Nixon. My instinct tells me he can't pull it off, but it'll certainly be interesting to see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?