diet coke for breakfast


Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Posted by RFTR
'Breathalyzer in every car' bill passes house (via The Volokh Conspiracy)

I'd like to say I'm against this, but I'm not sure how to do so. It's kind of tough to say I'm against taking away the right to drive drunk. Maybe there's something wrong on public health grounds?

James-- I don't support a right to sell cocaine, but I'm also not going to support a bill allowing a police officer to search everyone he sees. I'm with the ACLU on this, it punishes law-abiding citizens. As for the "who will pay for it" part of the article... puhleeez. So you're going to give a tax credit to pay for it, which means that you'll have to get more tax revenue from everyone (and by everyone I mean those "evil" rich people). Let's hope this doesn't become a trend.

Brian --That's why I keep you around--those are exactly the reasons I was looking for. Thanks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?