diet coke for breakfast


Friday, February 13, 2004

Posted by RFTR
www.AndrewSullivan.com - Daily Dish: "Maybe this will be the first time that a true firewall is established between the web, the Brits and the rest of the media. Maybe I'm wrong and this won't break out as a major story. That in itself would be a media milestone. (On the other hand, Drudge got 15 million hits in the past 24 hours - twice his normal traffic.) Can we all pretend we didn't hear this and carry on as normal?"

Andrew Sullivan, commenting on John Ellis, commenting on the Kerry story. Good point.
I have to say, it bothers me that I firmly believe if this story was about a Republican candidate for the presidency it would have broken imediately. What I'm trying to decide for myself right now is, does that outrage, and the resulting desire for this story to hit the major media, outweigh my overall pleasure that the media is showing some restraint for once, and my hope that maybe this will establish a pattern. (copied from my post on Running for the Right)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?